View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I am glad to hear Tysabri is/was doing "great" for you. It sounds like you are in a spinal lesion attack now . . . did you happen to ignore an infection for too long; teeth?, UTI?, sinuses? . . . that's what always sets mine off.

People on Tysabri are having relapses, perhaps more then some are willing to admit. I know some sooooo.... want to believe it is a "miracle" for them, but I have read of people who seem to "dance" around saying they've experienced a relapse (by calling them "flares" or a "hard time" or whatever) to avoid the real word . You can't really avoid calling it what it is when you are feeling as bad as you are right now though.

Any time we have new or worsening of symptoms, lasting longer then 24 -48 hrs though, it is an attack . . .

Bear in mind, Tysabri never laid claim to stopping all relapses. What it is said to do is reduce relapses by 67%, on AVERAGE, compared to placebo, which equates to:

"The annualized relapse rate was 0.22 for TYSABRI-treated patients compared to 0.67 for placebo-treated patients."

If the average relapse rate for people is somewhere around 1.3 relapses over two years, then Tysabri reduced that to about 1/2 a relapse in a two year period. As we know, no one has 1/2 a relapse, so that must mean some people might have gone down to 1 relapse, and some to no relapses to reach that average.

Of course, many of the people both on Placebo and Tysabri had no relapses, and some had several . . . but overall the reduction, on average is 67%.

Either way, people are still going to have relapses.

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44; 04-28-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Corrections
lady_express_44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote