View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy More medical problems for me

Dear friends, old and new Except for my spiney issues, including the two back surgeries in back-to-back years, and all that goes with a fusion surgery, I have been, overall, pretty healthy. It seems, tho, that ever since I started working in March, I have been bothered by one thing after another and, to tell you the truth, my latest CAT scan of my spleen has me a bit worried . Ironically, the problem showed up on my left KIDNEY, not my spleen, which had been scanned due to the problems have been having with anemia and fatigue over the past several months. I went to my hematologist/oncologist yesterday, and he told me that I have a 'lesion' on my left kidney, which could be a cyst. So now, I have to have an MRI next week. I don't know exactly what he expects to find but, working in the medical field anyway, I looked into it myself. I have been troubled these past eight months with some stubborn UTIs, and I don't want to 'play doctor', so I'm not going to read anymore.... As it is, my kidneys aren't working the way they should anyhow, and I'm starting at least a 3 month trial of Procrit, starting next week...

I'm not asking for much, but I sure could use send some prayers and good wishes blown my way. I 'm just not ready for anymore surprises....

Thanks a bunch! Hugs, Jacquie

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!