View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question about meds?

My pain doc is in the process of changing my meds....He is taking me off of Topamax at the urging of a RA doc and putting me on Lyrica....and then I asked for Cymbalta so he is putting me on both...The insurance company said no to both...well definitely no to the Cymbalta, but I am thinking of picking it up on my own...I want it because it has the anti-depressant element to it too....so they might be able to talk the insurance company into the Lyrica and I will just pay for the Cymbalta..

The insurance company replaced the Cymbalta with Effexor...I said no thanks to that one...

Any opinions...I thought too if they do not approve the Lyrica...I could just stay on the Topamax and add the Cymbalta to the Topamax...Anyone try that?

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote