View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Symptom:One eye like a solar eclipse, 30%

Brand new to forum, motivated by fear with symptom and today's initial diagnosis...which I really don't buy totally after doing some research but let me decribe my symptoms please.

My left eye has a blacked out section in the lower left area similar to what an eclipse would look like with about 30% of the whole circle of vision being blacked out. As I look to the right and up, the "eclipse" moves in the same direction blacking out 70%. As I look to the left and down, the eclipse dissappears. I have no eye pain, no head aches, no nausea or vomiting, no dizziness, no other symptoms.

The eye doctor today was taken aback and was urgently concerned when he detected a swollen optic nerve and explained that he felt I had papilledema. Then he said the cranial pressure may be caused by a tumor but many other causes could be the reason. He urgently told us to contact a nuerologist TODAY and get orking on this immediately including an MRI asap. WOW! Took me and my wife by surprise. After looking at symptoms of papilledema, I wonder if he is right?

We are seing a Nuerologist Wed. at 09:00 and have an MRI scheduled that day at 12:30. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. Thanks God Bless
larry143 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote