View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sally,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with you doc, but I can certainly relate to them, and unfortunately problems like yours are way too common.

Have you tried to get your Neuro to write some sort of note to the pain doctor so that the pain doctor stops being so pushy about the chiro stuff? In my experience, doctors don't always listen to patients, but they very often listen to other doctors.

It's so hard to deal with bad doctors, but for many pain management patients we get stuck with bad ones because they are either the only pain doctor in town, or we are afraid to change docs for fear of being labeled a doctor shopper... and we all know that being labeled a doc shopper is pretty much the same as being labeled an addict.

Would your neuro take over your pain management? or your rheumy? or maybe a primary care doctor? Or can any of those doctors recommend a better pain doctor?

I wish I had answers as to how to fix a bad doctor.... but it would probably be easier to go to medical school myself than to teach a bad doctor how to be a good doctor.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote