Old 04-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I am really just in the beginning phases of the testing. . . and have not yet seen the results of the latest blood work. Up until now I have had pretty normal range blood values. I will see my neurologist again in mid-May, after my EMG/NCV's have been done. By then we will have blood work results too. I will definitely know more then.

Can I ask, what difference does it make what the cause is if the symptoms are the same? Please don't snicker or laugh at this question. But when it comes to digestive diseases, it is all so personal to the patient (some things that work well for others don't work for one), and all of our symptoms are minute variations on one another's miseries . . . that I have learned not to chase every single rainbow out there. I really am not a pessimist, but just terribly realistic.
It makes a difference.

If you have pain because something is not working right, and you fix that,
then the pain goes away.
We have a member Crytears who has/had Crohn's, and found she was highly deficient in B12.

If your inflammation heals up with the proper nutrients then you will be absorbing the nutrients your body needs to keep you alive and functioning.

I detect a negative belief system, here. In fact if you are not willing to
take some responsibility for your own healing, you will never get it, because at the doctor's they don't heal, they mask. They will give you drugs to conceal or partially conceal discomfort, which all have side effects. (One exception is autoimmune CIDP--which does respond to
IVIG). And I don't believe you can attempt full restoration either. But you may be able to reduce drugs to a level that do not impair you
significantly. In the stickies there is a long list of drug and non drug interventions to help with PN (both for discomfort and healing).

This board is composed of people who have taken the time to learn to help themselves as much as possible. The rainbows you are chasing right now, are not helping you (neurontin for example), or you wouldn't be posting here.

No one here can make you "believe". (and laughing at you is the LAST thing anyone here will do)
I suggest you start reading here and this important thread should be FIRST:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread43699.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-29-2008 at 09:19 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote