Thread: distraught
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't give up it is a very long process. Believe it or not you may get 3 denials before you get the hearing in front of the judge. Then the judge that you see makes a recommendation then it is sent to someone else to make the final decision. Even after the decision is made it can take a considerable amount of time before you see any money.

The best thing to do is to get your attorney to send them a letter, That you are in dire financial need and that will move you up on the list some. Also send some letters to your political representatives , and tell them your situation. If they get involved it can also speed up the process. That is what I did and I think it helped allot.

I had 3 political reps. contact me. 1 gave me all kinds of contacts that can help you finically till the SS comes through. The is a lot of help you can get locally , state and federal.
Also so call the national toll free number for SS they can be a great help with info and maybe help you get SSI which is different the regular SS and comes much faster. The other 2 reps. wrote to the SS office and told them I was in financial dire need. I got my judgment faster because of them.
If I can be of further help , please fell free to ask

Mark
sirmark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote