View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the insightful responses! Victor, I totally agree with you! Maybe this is why I see things this way. I grew up in a poor, uneducated and dysfunctional family and I am none of those things today due to info, hard work, and help from others.

5 kids, I love freedom of speech and think that it is especially great when people stick to the issues. I can actually have a political discussion and not get upset because I strongly believe that we each have a right to our own opinions. I don't come from a position that I have all the answers. I think that what causes a lot of problems is that many folks have a set mind set that you cannot mess with. Their mind set is the truth and to mess with it is a threat. I actually hold a combination of liberal and conservative positions.

Your second thought hit the nail on the head. This is exactly the emails that I am talking about. I think this kind of stuff is actually a political ploy to divide and conquor so that we don't really address the issues that are important to most of us. If we are all down in the pit fighting with each other, certain groups can do what they want with our tax dollars and policies. This is one reason why I feel so strongly about Obama. He wants to end this stuff so that we can focus on the real issues.

Hi Kitty, I don't think that complaining is always bad. You cannot solve a problem unless it is identified so addressing a problem is sort of like complaining but it is different because the main focus is to try to solve it not to just complain.
Sannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote