View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We drs who think

Interesting that he says he puts more value on clinical results than lab results.

I feel that this is the biggest block to getting any kind of dx. If ya fail the lab you fail at being sick. They just can't seem to put 2 and 2 together.

I jokingly asked if my tongue could be EVP'ed. Unfortunatly, no. I sure wouldn't like that SFEMG done on my face, or tongue for that matter. It really was a awful test. Maybe the Tensilon test would be the most reliable after taking pred. Since it only works if you have MG, I haven't read anything about people failing that test to often. Anyone else?

I will be sure to do my homework on this one though. Making sure on how long to wait for blood test, after taking pred.

lois how many years ago where you dx'ed? Were they a neuro? Maybe a older guy that had seen this before?. Just seems that this disease is really not that hard to pin down. Its not like MS, were you have to wait years, after lots of crashes. I mean once you've had a major crash, and its really hard to get back to normal. If your muscle get weak after you climb 3 steps, you can't open a can of coffee, or how about walk 1/2 block without puffing. You think they could run all the test at once, and be done with it. Really, how hard it that? I know there are some people that fail these test as well, but just by looking at the work thats been done on lois and I makes you wonder hah !! Was the testing defective?

Oh well, will just carry on, thanks everyone, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote