View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Everyone, thank you for your offers of help, suggestions and kind words.

MelodyL. . . I do have the most supportive partner in the world. She slept in my room during each and every night of every hospital stay, getting up to check each time a nurse came in to see whose orders they were following, and whether they were following them correctly. She did my input and putput measurements, an unpleasant job that none of the nursing staff could keep up with. She learned to change my ostomy barriers and was there at every change. She lost her job sitting by my bed that first hospitalization . . . because WE do not qualify for FMLA, even though we ARE a family. She will go out at 2am if there is something I need. She has been far and away the most supportive and loving and flexible person in my life. I agree . . this goes far toward keeping a good attitude, and moving forward in life. Thanks, I understand the need for support. That is why I like to offer it whenever and where-ever I can. Otherwise I might have kept my digestive issues out of this forum. But they do affect how my neurological issues are treated. . . .

nide44 . . . I will take heed of MRSD's experience and expertise . . but that does not mean I will not test her approach, especially after having a presumptive assesssment as one who is not constantly seeking to be in charge of my own health and body. Even MRSD has not been down the very same road as I have (or anyone else here, for that matter) . . .
lefthanded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote