View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What about getting a big piece of foam-board, cutting holes of different shapes/sizes in the board, outlining those shapes in different colors....

Then there are at least 2 games I can think of that can be played with the foam board with colored cut-outs.

1. You tell the player to place a marble in the (insert shape here) or in the (insert color here) or in the (insert shape and color here). In a square, in a green space, in the green square.

2. You could tell the player to roll a marble - to either aim for a particular shape/color, or to just randomly roll the marble and get points based on what shape/color or area of the board the marble rolls into.

You could also make the foam board so that there are only cut-out circles of various sizes, and rolling the marble to get in into a cut-out area gets points based on how big the circle is that they land in (the smaller the cut-out circle, the higher the points since it is harder to hit a smaller area). If you know your way around a woodshop (or know someone who does) you could of course use wood instead of foam board.

Also, instead of telling people what shape/color to put the marble into (or to roll the marble into) you could make up cards that have colors/shapes on them and the player could draw a card and then do what the card says.

Another variation is to get a really fun rug that has colors and shapes (Ikea has some great rugs like this), and to throw bean bags at the particular colors/shapes.

Those are just off the top of my head... if I think of anyhting else I'll let you know.

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote