View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You have to have worked a certain amount and earned the credits in a more recent time. I hadn't worked in years and was within months of not being eligible when I applied.

Now as a lesson to everyone...I thought that we were too "rich" to apply. If I had started the process earlier, I probably would have gotten it. Instead I came off as the wife of a successful businessman who didn't need the money. Yes they were my credits and I had worked and that they are not supposed to consider my husband's income, but they did. Even the judge (who had the lowest approval rating in the whole region) when I answered that I could no longer do housework so my husband had hired a maid, the judge commented that she didn't have maid, I knew I would never get it. Nevermind the fact that the maid only came every two weeks.

Now we desperately need the money and I'll never get it. I am better now, but could never work a full-time job. I recently applied for a job that would be a work at home type of job that would have been perfect, but didn't get.

Julie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote