View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not sure of the names of the drugs used in my Occipital nerve blocks, but my neuro used Lidocaine as the anesthetic last time (he previously used something else), but not sure of the name of the steroid. But here's a bit of information on what some nerve blocks consist of...

...The injection consists of a local anesthetic (like lidocaine or bupivicaine ). When treating occipital neuralgia or other painful conditions, steroid medication ( triamcinolone-Aristocort, methylprednisolone-Depomedol, or Celestone-betamethasone) is added to the local anesthetic...

~Jaime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alices View Post
Need more info on nerve block for occipital neuralgia. What drug is it exactly that they put into you.? My daughter has had shots to the head and the only thing that works (and like Novacaine only temporarlily) is Lanacaine. She had the occ. nerve severed (surgeon said it was shredded) but 2 months later is still in pain. Now she is trying acupuncture but so far (3 visits) no relief. She never had headaches prior to this occipital neur. alices

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote