View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like MrsD says, you can carefully plan for it.

I sleep on a ventilator, so electricity is critical. I bought a little Honda 1kw generator that requires VERY LITTLE gas. Solar panels are good. I have a few of those.

I am on morphine, so I have already got a few pills ahead.

Find out where your nearest Civil Defense Shelter is. You might be surprised to find it is in the basement of your elementary school.

Read up on the Mormon faith and how they store ... uh ..sorry, I have had my opiates already and my memory is fading. We have Mormon friends who keep 6 months of food stored (I think it is 6 months).

If you can afford it, put a bomb shelter in the back yard. They come "ready made" now, including air filters, etc.

I had a LOT of training about WW III while flying in the Air Force.
But you are also right, getting Class II meds might be impossible in the short run.

I hit withdrawals at about 30-32 hours. I considered taking my Class II and writing the day and time down. Set the alarm and take the next capsule 32 hours later. You could do that right now. Hmmmm 30 days x 24 = 720 hours? Divide that by 30 hours and you consume 24 capsules in a month, saving 6. NOTE that I am NOT talking about your quality of life, just surviving.

I have a boyhood buddy who joined a survivalist group in Southern Missouri/Kansas. You would NOT believe what they stocked up on. They bought shipping containers and buried them (so I have been told). They allegedly bought cases of toilet paper and uh... feminine hygiene products. Knowing the mentality of my buddy, I didn't ask why they chose those two items. But I swear to you, he DID use poison ivy to clean his private parts while we were camping in Osage County, OK.

You can also ask for a vacation package and might receive 2 months of meds at once. Again, in 60 days, you could be 12 ahead. 12 x30 is 360 hours and so on.

There may be other meds available to help you, but I would NOT buy any Class II products in Mexico, etc. I am probably wrong, but if they think you are not using the meds, you might spend some time south of the border. Without your pain meds.

Let us know if you come up with a plan. I learned the hard way in 2005 I think it was. I could not get my Class II refilled in Washington and the Walgreens in my home town had the Class II prescription. Weird. Last summer, while spending 6 weeks at the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, CO I found the easiest way to get my Class II was to have them sent to the pharmacy of the hospital. If I saw a pain med dr. at NJC, my Pain Med dr. in my home town would not see me until I jumped through all the hoops again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Excellent question.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (04-30-2008), Twinkletoes (04-30-2008)