View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Re: HERS Foundation

Thanks for the link but I found nothing positive or even neutral on your website regarding hysterectomies. It is all negative, very biased and I believe it is designed to scare people away with all the "facts", even though many of these facts have been disproven in studies that are freely available to be read online. If I am wrong here than I apologise but I'm just going by what I saw and read on the website.

I have been doing a lot of research and it has taken me six months to make this decision and now I am happy that for me this is the best decision, even though I have RSD and may have complications afterwards. I started this thread to get information from other RSDers who have gone through this procedure and to get info about limiting pain etc.

Oh, and I think the word "castration" in reference to a hysterectomy is totally over the top and would offend many women. You are adding to the idea that women are not women once they have a hysterectomy. And the majority of the women who have commented on your website did not spend a lot of time researching the procedure and their options before having their hysterectomies, many of them just went with what their doctor suggested and read a panphlet they were given at their pre-op appointment. Obviously anyone who goes into this without enough study and research and testing (in regards to whether other procedures are better for them) are asking to be shocked at the results or to regret the decision later. And 50% of women had suicidal thoughts afterwards? That can't be accurate. Just within my social network I've talked with about 10 women who've had hysterectomies and ALL of them have been happy with the results since day one, so that blows your "50% have suicidal thoughts" theory

And in the time I've just spent searching your website, I am yet to find any mention of RSD before or after hysterectomies.

Thanks to everyone else who replied.