View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 07:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Re Sinemet

Rosebud

I was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with with P.d..I am 53 years old ,I was having lots of symptoms 2 years previous to being dianosed ,but it took 2 years to find out what was wrong with me I have had it 5 years that i know about but my Neuro said that he thought i have had it possibly 5 years previous to that.I have been on Madopar 100/25.1x 3 times a day and Tasmar 1x 3 times a day I think that this is a small dose .my neuroligist said i am very sensetive to the levedopa.

I heard about the mucuna pruriens and thought i would like to give it a try.I purchased the mucuna and started it on a weekend as i did not want to try anything new while I had to go to work.
I have been on it for nearly 5 weeks now and it is working well.In that 5 weeks I would have taken about 80 madapor and 80 tasmar ,There has only been about 3 or 4 times over that period of time that the mucuna did not work and as i was at work so I took half a madopar on those ocassions.It wasn't until I read all the posts that you have all been writing that i realised that i probably should not have gone staight off them.i just wanted to tell you that I did not have any problems when i stopped all my parkinson tabs. I feel that the mucuna is really working well for me,When i start to go off with the mucuna my off times are definitely not as bad as when i was on the parkinson meds.With the parkinson meds when I was off I would have to sit and wait till I was on again because my legs were so shakey and i got the internal tremors back ,my fine motor skills were not good all my p.d symptoms came back.On the Mucuna my off times are no where near as bad I can still work and feel stable on my legs.My fine motor skills are really good.I feel that I am much better on the mucuna, A couple of times I have gone about 6 or 7 hours before needing the Mucuna.I dont know that the madapor that i took made my parkinson's better or worse i had so much going on that i did not know if it was my parkinsons or the medication giving me problems,But i do know that i feel so much better with the mucuna ,and dont have any side effects especially no dyskensia which was my biggest problem.

I just want to say how much I enjoy all your posts you all know so much about parkinson disease,It is great to be able to talk to others who understand.

sue
suewessing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (04-30-2008)