View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Balance 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithclayriley View Post

Ibby, before the Mirapex nightmare one of the neuro students who tested me said my balance was 100% and the same comment was made "I would not know that you had pd". That was three years ago. I am off Mirapex and all the terrible side effects that you have heard about ceased but I have failed to stabilize because I have this 11 yr. dopamine habit. I know of Janice Walton - Hadlock and a couple of her former clients. Interesting reading "Once Upon a Pill" and impressive that it is free. She also has another free download book "Recovery From Parkinson's Disease" I question her foot theory but many of her observations are bang on.
That's impressive. Mine is really bad lately and I am seeing why - the asymetries in my body...weak muscle here, twisting sacrum, caving off plane torso....Visible if you look. ALL of this = my PD symptoms, plus of course the dopamine thing - the depletion of which gradually happened over time due to the unrelenting "tension" caused by an out-of-whack frame...and will continue to do until it is back in - or at least moving toward - Tensegrity. Biotensegrity.

I have cometo these conclusions after about 9 years of PD, largely due to experiencing several 'alternative' therapies - including EECP, Upper Cervical Chiropractic and Janice W-H. Yes, J is "bang on' ...sometimes. She's brilliant, charismatic and quiite tunnnel visioned. Her therapy didn't work for me or anyone I know but there IS something about the stomach channel and the foot blockage. And on drug reduction info - she's unparalelled ... ie all we've got. Who else has observed pwp reducing meds!

ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote