View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
Allergies can do some strange things to our bodies as well as create anxiety. DD16 always gets an upset stomach during allergy season (which is really bad this year). The poor girls eyes swelled shut the other day. We both can get somewhat irritable, tired, lethargic, etc. Controlling the allergies and allergens is so important.

Good points, tkrik! My daughter had really bad allergies, especially as a baby and toddler. She lived on 95% predigested formula for the first 2 yrs of her life, and could even nurse because of the allergens that came through from what I ate.

It can change our personalities too. There's a good book out there called "Is This Your Child?", that explains how much being exposed to allergens can affect our behavior, moods, etc. (The book is great resource for understanding adult allergies too though...)

http://www.amazon.com/This-Your-Chil.../dp/0688119077

It explains the "barrel effect", where-by exposure to various allergens will "fill the barrel", and when it overflows, this is when we get symptoms. That's the reason it's so hard to identify our allergens sometimes . . . one day we don't have a problem with something, but the next day we do because we have been exposed to other allergens that "filled the barrel".

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
I cannot believe I wasted all that money on cleaning supplies for so long.

Dilluted vinegar and bleach are great for cleaning too, although some people have a hard time with vinegar.

Good for you, MX7, for continuing to be your own best advocate!

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (04-30-2008), tkrik (04-30-2008)