View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
When I was first dx'd I had that problem...man oh man...sure does wake you up in a hurry! And uncomfortable!!!

Doc told me to get a different pillow...one that would keep me from rolling over onto my face and keep my arms from getting rolled up under my head. It worked!!!!

I was also tested for Carpal Tunnel and didn't have it.

I changed pillows. I got one that was shaped different, more like a triangle...anyway, you might go to one of the sleep shops at your local mall and talk to them about the problem you are having. I didn't have to use the pillow for very long before I retrained myself to sleep in a different position. I used to sleep on my stomach ... now I sleep on my side or my back and don't have any problems.

I still have that pillow...maybe I can send it to you...it's been sealed up and stored...I would be happy to lend it to you ...

I sleep on my sides (almost exclusively on the left side) and my left arm is the one that falls asleep all the time.

I'm wondering if it's not the MS causing my problem, but possibly laying on my side is causing some sort of ischemia from laying on my arm. I've tried moving my arm forward and away from my body, but I still have one bit of anatomy that gets in the way of my upper arm, and I'm thinking that may be pressing on my upper arm and making my arm fall asleep from compression on a nerve or an artery.

I wonder if I can re-train myself to sleep on my back...

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BaxterTheBunny (04-30-2008)