Thread: Grandma
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Manda.......I am so so sorry about the loss of your Grandma! I cannot say that I know how you feel because I do not know. I have both of my Grandmas still....one is 88, the other, 89! One has breast cancer...the other alshiemers.
I am guessing that you are fairly young as you said she passed away just before school started. I bet you were very close to your Grandma too!!
I know that when things create emotional upsets in me I allow myself to feel what I am feeling. If I am sad...I know why I am sad and thats OK.
I have a feeling you will never stop thinking about your dear Grandma...I am sure that over time you will start to feel better and that hearing things that trigger your pain will not seem so glaring as they do now.
Do you have photo albums or scrapbooks to look at. I would pull them out and deliberately set some time aside each day or maybe every morning and evening to look at them....to remember and yes...to cry too. I would continue allowing yourself time for that for as long as you need.
I am sure that your Grandma was a lovely person who woud be proud of you for reaching out for help when you are so deeply hurting!! That is probably a step in the right direction itself!!
I like to think that my Grampa, his Auntie and his sister in law are all in Heaven making it an even more awesome place!! I often picture them, Grampa and Aunt Pearl playing cards while he smokes a cigar and my Aunt Mary is bringing them very strong tea and cookies that she baked!!!!!
These are memories that make my heart smile!
Keep posting here! I am sure that you will connect with others that have been thru the same as you and can help you through this....Take Care, Manda and God Bless you sweetie!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote