View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brokenfriend,

If you watch the news or listen to the media too much, you may wind up hiding in a cave until the 2nd Coming of Christ. OR, if you don't believe in God, until your bones are picked clean by our very efficient eco-system.

Global Warming is BS. Yes, of course the earth has warmed 1/100th of a degree or whatever bilge they are telling us. They had the same people at the Global Cooling Conferences in the 1980s I think it was.

My opinion is that these people can't make a living unless they are given GOVERNMENT MONEY. Our tax dollars. Some of these people mean well, but if you could talk to some of the scientists who disagree, you would learn a lot.

Meds going bad is BS. Sorry for the rough language but it is 1am and I don't feel good. The military stores tons of meds. So awhile back they started pulling certain meds and testing just how good they might be. After all, if every bomb shelter or military preparedness group bought new meds every year, $$$$$ so they sent a certain number of each pill to be tested for potency. Many, many, many pills are still "good" after the "gone bad" date. Ask an honest pharmacist and they may tell you when the use by date is reached, the meds are still at least 90% effective. That said, of course some meds will go bad. But nothing like 100% of them. So keep your meds. I have some CIPRO 500mg that expired over a year ago. I keep them in a dark area, cool, etc. and expect they will be better than nothing for a long time.

I subscribed to a website called --- uh --- forgive me, Worst Pills or something like that. Cheap. $15 a year or something like that. No, I did not renew it because I felt I had learned what I was looking for. Point is, the truth is almost always in the middle. The AMA wants more power. So they try to control everything on the earth (IMHO). And the opinion of many medical professionals. I would think you could research life span of meds or something like that for info.

IF this subject stresses you a lot, ask your PCP if he would write you a prescription for a month, or 3 month's supply, telling him you are going to Canada to fill the prescription and it will be cash. If he realizes you are stressed over this concept, he might do it. Obviously, I would doubt that he will write you a script for 500 Oxycodone, but for a 6 month or years supply of celebrex or something like that, he might just do it. After all, MANY of the rules we fight about are due to cost. Insurance company costs.
My wife needs Thyroid meds, can't remember the name, but our insurance insists she trys some meds she already tried and failed at. Of course, we have changed doctors enough we can't find the old records. I told them to go xxxx themselves, we can buy this Synthroid, that is it, at Costco for $52 for a 90 day supply.
Her doctor would probably write a prescription for a years supply because it is OUR money. No one will gripe at him and he trusts her that she won't take an overdose.

I don't know if any of this helps you, but I hope it does. I am truly blessed that I don't stay awake nights worrying about nuclear war, etc. Heck, when I was in the Strategic Air Command (SAC) on Guam in 1973 or 1974 I was preflighting our KC-135 and for some reason I was at the end of the stbd wing when a lot of people went running past our plane. I asked why and was told they were loading a nuke and it fell several feet to the tarmac. I jumped off the wing, did a PLF and ran with them.
We were afraid of the High Explosives, not the nuke part. I went to sleep just fine that night. I have slept within a hundred yards of enough nukes to destroy several countries and never worried.

I can't remember if you mentioned your specific meds, but what if you contacted the manufacturer and told them of your concerns, or lie to them and tell them you are cruising around the world in a 25 sail boat. Whatever... ask them if you could buy a supply of pills they have pulled off the shelf. Who knows, if you approach them correctly, you might be allowed to buy the meds. Either way, good luck and please try not to worry.