View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Great Topic Mari!

Good idea for a thread Mari! I am getting used to cooking and cleaning nightly, just realize it's expected of me and when Jack helps it lightens the load on my shoulders. Which happens once or twice a week. Last night we had chicken & cream of mushroom soup baked in the oven with white rice. We read a recipe to make perfect rice and it's awesome.

You take whatever serving amount you are going to cook up, in our case 2 cups and normally you'd just boil water and add rice. But this recipe calls for soaking it for 30 minutes, drain the water off, as much as you can and then use HALF the amount of water it would normally call for. In our case instead of 4 cups of water we used just a little over 2.

It comes out fluffy and delicious, you should add a couple tablespoons of butter too before steaming it for 15 minutes, on a simmer setting, we use low so it won't burn and since we use gas it's quite hot at the low setting. And then you leave it for five more minutes to finish cooking but off the heat. It's made rice tasty for us again! Thought it worth sharing too.

Last night as had ground turkey instead of beef tacos and they were great! Tonight it's gruond turkey burgers with fries and veggies. We like the blends of cauliflower, broccolli and carrots or peas corn and carrots. Food is important to us since what we put in our bodies helps power us up and determines in a way how we feel. I find I feel number emotionally the next day when we eat out at Wendy's or Burger King, but if we do Subway or Subs at Publix it powers us up for our work outs.