View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi. Following up on Tayla's message, I have been using an updated version of Pamidromate for a couple of years now. It's called Zometa, and goes in with only a 15 minute infusion, as opposed to 3-4 hours for Pamidromate, and is supposed to be more effective at that. Ironically, while I don't have bone loss as such, I was given the drug because it has a side effect (for unknown reasons) of reducing pain in people with RSD. And in my case, it almost eliminated the worst of my "deep, bone crushing pain."

Here's an article that appeared on the subject a while ago, and was the subject of a long forgtotten thread: "Efficacy of Pamidronate in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type I," John N. Robinson et al, PAIN MEDICINE Volume 5 • Number 3 • 2004.

You can link to the article by going to the RSDSA Medical Articles Archive page (a great resource) at http://www.rsds.org/2/library/articl...ive/index.html and then scrolling down to the heading "Treatment," where it's listed alphabetically by author.

The only contraindication with Zometa is that it may be associated with kidney damage, so routine blood tests are required while you're on it. (I've never had a problem.)

Good luck!
Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 05-01-2008 at 08:03 PM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desi (05-01-2008)