View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default AHHH that's better!! Peace and quiet

Ok now before my PN, I had a discectamy on Lumbar spine at 2 levels. I have had a very bad back since 1999, chronic back pain and sciatica. Over last 4 years my neck started hurting too. When I carried my purse or any shopping bags around, the muscles in neck would burn, sting, and ache. But none of this really bothered me. I just accepted it.

Before my PN this was the only problem I had. Before my PN I had both flu/bronchitis and gut infection with H.Pylori. Then PN came on with bizarre burning in eyes,face vertex of head and made it's way downward. To be honest I don't think there is one nerve in my whole body that hasn't been affected as I have been in pain absolutely everywhere. Since 18 months ago when PN came on there has been some recovery and abating. I would say about 50-60% better.

But I have alot of deep tissue like pain,aches,tension,zapping, & prickling. I was diagnosed with post-infectious a typical sensory neuropathy through a process of molecular mimicry. I also have developed hypertension, and what appears to be anxiety/panic. I have just started seeing a phychologist for this because this is probably the thing that concerns me the most. I am sick and tired of the anxiety, it's quite exhausting. I also have a bit of either TMJ or extra pyrimidal symptoms from side-effects of my Trycilic. I bite my tongue all the time,and clench my teeth. My jaw deviates on it's own. By the way I stopped the tryciclic and my anxiety reached unsurmounted proportions. I had no idea just how bad off I was until I stopped the tryciclic. I am also having trouble sleeping at nights. So that's an update on me. I take hypertension meds,and have to take Advil for pain, but I soldier on, and am thankful that it's not worse. All my routine bloods are continuously normal but my ESR is always slighty raised. (0-16 normal range). Mine is 25-29 ususally. So there is some degree of inflammation somewhere. But that can even be from my discs when they flare. My blood creatinine is usually a tad bit low, but I have had kidneys checked and they are fine. Did a 24 hour urine test. Have been told that slightly low is normal and also good.

But anyone who has any recovery is truly inspirational and gives us all hope.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote