View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I feel lost in the sea

Hello to any that read this,

I've been doing much reading in this forum concerning TBI's and PCS. I'm a bit frightened. I feel that I may also have a form of PCS, and judging from the descriptions and stories I've read thus far, I can certainly relate with many of the symptoms and fears some have here. I suffered several blows to my head about 4 months ago. I was hit several times in the face from an altercation with my roommate after I disagreed with him bringing in drugs into our place. After that event, I decided to move out. I didn't tell him and he found out, which consequently lead to another confrontation. He and I went at it again and he punched me several times in the head. He is bigger than me and has been in and out of jail for several years. I'm a student and we are polar opposites. After the initial event, I didn't experience any significant neurological deficits, nor did I experience any headaches or other physical manefistations of a concussion. After the second event, the story has changed drastically. I've always been a gifted mathematician, really just gifted with anything I do. I've always excelled at science and math, I even became an engineer at barely 22. I'm now 25 and the last 3 months have been a nightmare. I'm never really here or there. I'm never really alive. My vision is blurry, and loud noises and bright lights steer me away. I can barely drive without feeling ill. I used to dominate conversations everywhere I went, as I'm well traveled and well educated. That has been nullified. I can barely hold my own when speaking of the simplest topics. For the past 3 months I've not been able to get any work done, and have only survived in my well respected position by mere reputation alone. It is starting to unravel though. I have stopped volunteering, and quit my hobbies which really has taken a psychological toll on me, and I can't work out, even though I have always been an athletic person.

I feel robbed. I took in my roommate as a good will gesture and I feel like he has stolen my essence. I can't be myself as I was. I've become reclusive, and my once esteemed reputation is going off the rails. I can't learn, and graduate school classes I've been attending ended disastrously. I'm terrified. I've never needed anyone's sympathy, and nothing has ever taken me down, but I feel like I'm down for the count. I've been drinking heavily from the depression. I've finally decided to visit a neurologist to see the outcome of my situation, but I'm just wanting to feel connected to anything, or feel understood, as I can't tell anyone at work my situation since I may lose my position, and I can't tell my parents because they don't understand. will this end? Please help.
enigmagnetic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote