View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Well I have two questions....how can I kill all this ivy that is spreading into the neighbors yard and up their trees?

2-4D and lots of pulling it out by hand...seriously. It's invasive and it's woody. Just start pulling and spraying it with 2-4D.

And my two fav. herbs are Rosemary and Sweet Basil. I have a raised bed herb garden but was wondering how those two might do in the window boxes that hang on our garage?
Yes, both of these herbs do very well in pots and window boxes. They LOVE sunshine...Rosemary does very well in a Topiary, too! Don't fertilize basil often as this decreases the fragrant oils. To encourage a bushy, healthy plant and to maximize production, don't be afraid to prune basil. Pinch off the flower buds. Basil will usually have to be pruned every 2 to 3 weeks.

There are many different types of Basil!! Did you know there is a chocolate scented Basil? Lemon Basil, citrus basil, cinnamon, and even a licorice scented one?

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-01-2008)