View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
I have two Peace Lillies. They were in one of the plant arrangements from my sister's funeral.

They are in individual pots and are kinda small. I have set the pots in a larger planter and they are outside on my porch.

My question is - should I re-pot them in a larger container? Will they continue to live if I just keep them in the same pots and water them? I'm afraid of root rot if I leave them in their original container but they seem to be doing OK.

They have sentimental value to me and I don't want anything to happen to them. I've never had too much luck with plants.

Thanks for your help!
They are houseplants.
Don't overwater, pick the flower stems off once they are done blooming, pick off the brown leaves immediately, fertilize with a 20-20-20 type house plant fertilizer and don't let the plant sit in standing water.

Repot the plant every year or two in a rich soil consisting of equal parts of loam, peat moss, and sand (standard houseplant potting SOIL.)

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford

Last edited by tovaxin_lab_rat; 05-01-2008 at 11:32 PM.
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote