View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dave,

You are without question an inspiration for all PALS. I was going to send you a private message to inquire how you cope with your limitations. Now that you have shared your home life with us I would like to ask you several questions out where other PALS & CALS can also benefit from your past experiences.

1.) What has been your greatest challenge raising your children?
a.) I see my son being thrown up in the air or hugged by my friends and I think to myself, that should be me. How have you over come this scenario?

2.) How do you communicate with your wife and children?
a.) When you are out of your home how do you communicate?

3.) I fear being an embarrassment to my son once he enters Junior High School & H.S. where there are more children and parents who do not know about my illness. Perhaps this fear is my own shallow immaturity showing through. However, a valid concern nevertheless. Did you experience this hurdle?

4.) When Deb leaves for work do you have an emergency protocol if you require immediate help? Life line or similar?
a.) What happens if your vent were to fail while you are alone?

I admire your choice to remain with your family and in their lives. I hope you do not find my questions to personal. I haven't seen many PALS post their home life challenges. I would like to thank you for expressing your feelings.

Sincerely,

Jeff