View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would make sure that the things your boyfriend does (or says) are not in any way insensitive or cruel. If you do not feel he is very understanding, wants to be, or is supportive of you, you may find that you are with someone that is not the best person for you. By that I mean the right type of people will bring out your best, and you will feel safe, secure and at ease with them. I watched my daughter go from happy and confident to easily upset, defensive and in poorer control of her emotions. . . all because she had begun dating someone who was totally not good for her. Sure, she loved him, and he said he loved her . . . but you can love someone who is not your best match. Doesn't mean you have to keep them in that closest spot in your life, where they can wreak havoc with your emotions. Just be sure that he is not making things worse. If this is not the case, invite him to help you get through this. He will need to know what you are all about, even the confusing parts!

I am a super sensitive type, and cry fairly easily. You probably have some idea of where the boundaries of your "normal" amount of sensitivity are and what takes you beyond them. When you feel yourself getting close to those boundaries, take a deep breath and step back from the situation that might take you over. You might find a way to sort out the overwhelming feelings better if you take yourself out of the middle of the situation, and see what you are feeling before the tears come.