View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brokenfriend,
Your concerns are valid in any day and age. I have relatives who live in Mexico and have lived there for about ten years. They get good meds from their local doctors and pharmacies for a fraction of what we pay. The problem is .... bringing them back to the USA.

But I have been told you can buy from Canada with a prescription.
Period.

I have BAD respiratory problems, so I have one room I can seal pretty well. We keep about 20 gallons of water here (for when we travel), but if we needed drinking water, it would last us awhile.

We traveled back to a hospital in Denver last summer and I had 2 months of prescriptions. My meds run $25-30k a year. I called my homeowners and asked them what would happen if they were stolen? I was told I would be covered, minus my deductible.

Another person I know is a diabetic. They do volunteer work at a local hospital, so they feel like they would be taken care of by the staff at this hospital. Hmmmm. Maybe.

Thank you for the kind words. There are many books available with ideas on how to survive. Cut your dosage down. Full tablet on Monday and a half tablet on Tuesday. LOTS of ways.

I read that there was a survival group who kept all their meds they didn't use. Example, I quit using Prevacid and I kept the half bottle. My wife started using it a couple months later, so we saved everyone a few bucks. We still filled her prescription, but she is "ahead" about 20 days.

Another thing that is weird about meds, if you have a sympathetic doctor, you might need one Nexium a day, but he writes your prescription for 2 a day, leaving you with a free month with no copay.

I quit watching the news a few years back and I feel fine about it. News is propoganda, why get upset over it. Thanks for the compliment about being your friend, I feel the same way. We have sources of help all around us, we just have to ask.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (05-07-2008)