View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The quote thingy isn't working for me but I hope this works. This was posted by The Sleeper--

People engage in a lot of risky behavior with out much thought to the taxpayers or people that put their own lives on the line to rescue them. I don`t think it is unreasonable to seek compensation for the taxpayers expense in these cases.

Ever watch dangerous catch about the Alaskan crab fishermen? Just guessing the taxpayers are left holding the empty bag for a fleet of Coast Guard ships, helicopters, and crew that risk their lives so these people can make money.

A tax subsidized industry?

My husbands family are fishermen and I can personally tell you they don't make that much. Their seasons are getting shorter and shorter and the corporations are running the regulars out of business. If you knew what the fisherman get paid per pound compared to what we as consumers pay at the store you would be really surprised. It is a very dangerous, hard job that many do as there is no other type of work in the small towns where many of them come from. Hope this does not offend as it was not intended...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (05-02-2008), SandyC (05-02-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (05-02-2008)