View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Mari! I knew that the rice thing would be fun to share. Last night we did turkey burgers on kaiser rolls with baked potatoes and corn on the cob, it was awesome! Jack de-husked the corn and set it up in the steamer pot with some of the insde part of the husk to help sweeten it up.

If you've never tried adding some of that husk that is the inner huck, lighter green stuff, not the houtside husk, like wrapped back around the cobs with the silk removed, you've got to try it sometime, it sweetens the corn up delightfully!

I doubted yesterday that I would have another tip to post but here I go, posting the corn trick Jack taught me! LOL!!!! I just love this thread, imagine all the stuff we're going to post over the coming weeks?

Sounds like you liked that hormone free beef bizi, that's great! Too bad it's so expensive, but meat is a treat, we're lucky the stores are carrying it now. I know five years ago you couldn't find organic stuff in the groceries and now it's easier to come across even if it is more expensive.

How was the Opera? I've never been to one before, but I bet it's great isn't it?

I feel for you Mari, I bet that wrap was horrible, I have tasted some health food that has made my appetite run to the hills. LOL!