View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb unfortunately...

Every drug so far that our system has come up with that affects neurotransmitters in the brain, causes some very significant down sides.

Some of these negative effects become serious. There is just no way around that. Starting a cocktail of other drugs to pay the piper, just aggravates the
condition.

I would start with the Mirapex and seriously evaluate your benefits vs risk.
And starting a drug like Chantix with Mirapex? NEVER... both affect dopamine in significant ways.

Already Chantix with antidepressants is getting some negative press.
You just might become a statistic by taking Mirapex with Chantix.

If you decide to stay with Mirapex, I strongly urge you to not do the Chantix.
At this time I don't think there are answers for you...it will be trial and error.
But I would try Melatonin before Rx drugs.

Experience with Wellbutrin, and SSRIs has shown that when you alter neurotransmitters in the brain, you cause downregulation of others.
SSRIs downregulate dopamine (this is why people get movement side effects).
Wellbutrin (which raises dopamine) tends to downregulate serotonin, and cause insomnia.
So trying the melatonin may help since melatonin is made from serotonin and if serotonin goes down, so would melatonin.

Ambien? Well this drug has the potential of causing amnesiac behaviors ...sleep walking and other uncontrolled things--some violent. It is not understood how it affects arousal in the brain, and it is now being used to bring people out of comas. Combined with a drug like Mirapex? Who knows what it will do to YOU? I would be very careful.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 05-02-2008 at 07:14 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jarrett622 (05-02-2008)