View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I agree with Sally....some days we just have to pretend that everything is OK. We know deep down it's not - but pretending is OK as long as we keep a grip on reality.

I know what you mean about others not "getting" it. I've gotten to the point where I am tired of explaining the same thing over and over so I just give out the website Sally mentioned (www.multiplesclerosissucks.com) and tell them to read up on it.

My latest victim was my sister. She asks every time I talk to her if my hand/arm is still numb. I tell her yes. She asks if I am still taking my medication. I tell her yes. She asks why its not working. I have been over this a million times with her. I'm tired of trying to explain it. Some days I can't even put the words together TO explain it. So I just tell her I don't know. That begins the "20 Questions" game and by the time we hang up I am exhausted and totally frustrated.

You're fortunate to have a husband who understands and will pick up the slack when he needs to. It's natural to question things.....even our relationships. I've learned to sit on" things before I "act on" things. Because I may feel totally exhausted and ready to give up today but tomorrow I will feel fine and have energy to spare.

Take care.....and just know that you're not alone.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beautytransforming (05-02-2008), Friend2U (05-04-2008), Koala77 (05-02-2008), SallyC (05-02-2008)