View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

By the way, I forgot to address the recorded statement. Answer only what you are asked: it is not necessary to embellish your answers unless you are asked for more detail or clarification. It generally is NOT something that should be difficult, but if you have more than one person requesting a statement, you might want to ask if they can not share the information you have already been given. There is no need to be defensive, either, but don't offer up too much information. Employers are often eager to deny claims when they know you just re-roofed the house or just put in a new retaining wall with your own bare hands if you have just filed a back strain injury.

And always keep all of your doctors appointments. I once had someone claim they had the flu and couldn't keep their appointments for a week . . . but when I got the notes from their first appointment after the bug passed, the doctor noted a fresh new suntan, even though it was the dead of winter. Oops! Don't lie when you have a claim. If you have a vacation that has been scheduled for a year, tell your employer and your doctor and your claims person! You are entitled. . . but remember, if you can not lift over 10lbs at work, you can not hoist your own luggage into the overhead bin on the plane! You never know who might be on that plane with you. . . .and fraud cases with witnesses or good information are hard to fight! And lying is a type of fraud.

Happy healing. . . .
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (05-04-2008)