Thread: chest pain & ms
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
I have also been diagnosed with costochondritis, although not with MS (yet ?). I started getting chest pain about 3-4 months ago, felt like a heart attack, and saw seperate dr's who all thought it was costochondritis. The chest pain comes and goes, sometimes for 4-5 days at a time, then leaves for a length of time. I also get associated pain in my collarbone and throat area, and pains in my shoulders, legs and lower back, that seem to come and go. I have an appointment to get an MRI because of other symptoms that pointed towards possible MS (some numbness/tingling, extreme fatigue). However, every doctor I have seen (including neurologist) says chest pain and neck(area) pain are NOT symptoms of MS. Can anyone say otherwise? I am curious to know if any people who have been diagnosed with MS have had these symptoms, or anything related to this.
Please respond
I was told that I do not have MS. My neurologist claims the white matter defects on my MRI scan are related to migraine disease. However, I have many MS related symptoms. The most recent symptom is squeezing chest pains. I found alot of information about Multiple Sclerosis Hug or Girdle. It seems it is very common for MS patients to have this type of chest pain. Just search for this syndrome on the internet and you'll find alot of people suffer from this phenomenon. Hope this helps.
imriyou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-03-2008)