View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dawn,

Sorry to hear this but am glad you got some definitive answers. Your NS is right...it will only get worse. God knows I was told that too and my NS was right...it did get worse. I have written before that he told me that in May of '06 and then by August I was right back in his office. So, based on what you have said and since you already have this NS, I would just stick with him. It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion I just never did because I know of my own NS's credentials and trusted him. Oh, I should clarify that I DID see an NS three years prior to meeting the one I have now. And that guy wouldn't do a darn thing except for PT. Like you said...I did that and I believe it made me worse. That and the long delay because that first NS refused to do surgery. Now I am left with some sensory nerve damage. Anyway, through word of mouth from some of my friends and the fact that my PM recommended him, I went with the NS I have now and didn't regret it. Actually, he has done two fusions on me. The surgery itself is not that bad...at least I didn't think so. But I hope your NS explained that muscle spasms can be bad afterwards. That was my biggest beef anyway. But they can be controlled too. The main concern is really getting that disc off the spinal cord and STABILITY. My C5/C6 was like that and I was scared of permanent nerve damage. So, yep, I would say...get 'er done. Good luck and I wish you well.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote