View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, Jannaw:

You've been though the mill haven't you!!! Don't blame you one bit for doing WHATEVER you need to do to get any sleep.

I am surprised that what works for some DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for others.

We are now awaiting the infusion nurse for Alan's infusion. He took his pre-meds at 9:30 a.m. Tylenol and one benedryl.

He's conked out like a light, on my couch. He will probably sleep through his infusion.

He takes 1 and one half of the alprazolam so the neuropathy between his toes calms down at night and he gets his full 8 hours.

I asked him "if benedryl conks you out, why not take benedryl at night?" He said 'I'm going to ask Dr. Fred" I told him "don't you dare stop this all at once, you ask the doctor".

So how come some things like Lunest and Ambien, and benedryl work for some (I could take Lunesta till the cows come home, it did nothing for me).

And last night, I took my 1 mg of alprazolam at 10:45 and by 11:15, I was sound asleep and the alarm woke me up at 7 a.m. If no alarm, I would have slept till 9. I know my body.

So again, why some things work for some, and not others.

Shouldn't a sleep aid like Lunesta, do the exact same thing as ambien?? I will NEVER forget the first time the doctor gave me an ambien. It was like a gift. Do you know what it's like to have NEVER slept through the night, and all of a sudden you take this little pill and you drift of and you wake up 8 hours later??

Believe me, that WAS A GIFT!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote