View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Smokers have become second class citizens. Parents pull their children away and we receive those looks that kill. My own nephews pronounce to me that I am bad and educate me on the sins of cigarettes.

I've spoken about this before Cherie, but an update locally. We have the typical $1 tax for the Feds (I think its $1). We have a State tax now of $3. The City of Anchorage liked it so much that they imposed a $2 tax. This is PER PACK. My Cig's are over $8 American Dollars here in Alaska.

I have never had an illness due to smoking. I have health care and don't need State or Federal aid. The Taxes were SUPPOSED to go to education of raising a non-smoking society locally. HUMPFH!!! Haven't seen a dime spent that way. Instead it pays for local roads and projects.

Therefore I OWN THE ROAD and everybody better get out of my way

We have to smoke 50 feet from any public building. No smoking in ALL public places including bars and restaurants. (Local bars here have build outdoor smoking houses to keep people out of the cold).

I get ID'ed every time I buy. I look older than 19 I assure you. This is harrassment. One lady ID's me every day....its a power trip she has. I want to slap her every time...for heavens sake, MY BIRTHDATE HAS NOT CHANGED since yesterday!!

I have a love hate relationship with smoking. I hate the smell, I hate the addiction....but I ENJOY smoking. I like to do it.

There are no freedoms for smokers and if this kind of treatment were perpetuated on ANY other group....it would end up in the Supreme Court. I have more rights on gun ownership and possession than than I do as a smoker.

I may quit someday, but being forced out of the market justs "PEAS" () me off...and like a defiant child....I refuse to be bullied

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lady_express_44 (05-03-2008), MooseasaurusRex (05-03-2008), SallyC (05-03-2008), SandyC (05-03-2008)