View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Former Smoker

I quit smoking 23 or so years ago, not that I was much of one to begin with, only had an occasional one and it was to mess with my now late husband who was a non-smoker. If I didn't want him "bothering" me, I lit one up, he couldn't stand the smell of smoke and it worked, kept him in another room and away from me. He was the victim of a drunk driver and died a few days after his 35th birthday.

If the smell from someone smoking bothers me, I don't say anything, I leave. I don't have to sit there and let someone blow smoke on me. My present hubby quit on Nov. 14, 2006 and it probably saved his life. and he'd go outside and smoke not wanting to bother me with it in the house....but he'd chain smoke when we were in the van going someplace...makes no sense!

When we brought the dogs home from the vet, from getting them fixed, was the last time he smoked, he went to a hypnosis seminar and for him, it worked! It was the same evening of the day the pups came home....the dogs can't stand to be around smokers....they make it real obvious!

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-03-2008), lady_express_44 (05-03-2008)