View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm of the opinion that Lyme and MS are probably both related to each other. I've had a couple of Western Blot tests for Lyme, along with the unreliable ELISA test for Lyme. All of them came back with a couple of bands of Lyme specific bacteria...just never enough bands of bacteria to satisfy the CDC's criteria for a positive Lyme test result.

I do believe I have MS, but have just never felt that any of the doctors that I've seen have taken me seriously about my suspicions that it could be Lyme. (I've had 3 or 4 known tick bites, two of them associated with an EM-like rash) It's just my intense curiousity that keeps me wondering about it. Even if this is Lyme and not MS, I'm pretty sure that I'm stuck with all the neurological crap anyways...so it's not like things would change for me even if I could prove it was Lyme.

My regular doctor has told me that when I can afford it, that he'll do a blood draw for me to get tested for all the Lyme co-infections to send to an independent lab. (test costs more than $600 and isnt covered by my insurance) At least he's willing to take me seriously on that. I just cant afford the test yet.

Hopefully you can get the problems that your daughter has taken care of. I hope that all the antibiotics work and get rid of all the Lyme bacterias and that she wont have any lingering neurological or other health problems.

I think it's strange that the medical community will not seem to take Lyme disease seriously. I've heard of people who have raging, obvious cases of Lyme disease...the bacterias are practically waving hello to the doctors on the lab tests and the doctors couldnt see it.

I hope her doctors can help your daughter get better soon.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Chemar; 05-03-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: admin edit on guidelines
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote