View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default LA and Testing

I Live in LA - and it really doesnt have the resources that those back east have for care here! If you can get in to see head of neuro at UCLA - that would be great - I started my quest there and never got to see more then a resident there though - with no answers - and an appointment with a "regular" doc was more then a 9 month wait... however, I have had biopsies - one done at a more local hospital where I live now for sural nerve that was then sent to UCLA for analysis - another done at a local cancer center with directions from the Boston Amyloid center after I contacted them myself (I had one local positive biopsy and wanted it cofirmed) - the center did the biopsy according to Boston's instructions and sent it back to them for evalaution....... (and they got a negative so its still iffy)... However, may be worth it to find out if the skin biopsy can be done if there is a super long wait by someone else and then then sent on for evalaution to another center that is versed in reading these.....

It also sounds like your insurance company may be balking a bit about the expense and using this as an excuse - I'd inquire a bit more into it!

BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dennis11 (05-03-2008)