Thread: Hi Everyone~
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well thanks so much Koala! I really appreciate the kind welcome!

I also appreciate that you took the time to look up Dysautonomia. I am not surprised that you had never heard of it. It is quite rare and, unfortunately, many doctors and nurses I have had to deal with in the last few months haven't known very much about it either. I won't even go into the horrible experiences my DH and I have had to deal with in the ERs in our area! I've worked in the medical field for almost 20 years and it has truly saddened me to see medical 'professionals' treat a patient with such disrespect and lack of compassion....and all because they were too proud to admit they were not knowledgeable about a particular illness. I never thought I would be fearful of having to go to the ER, but I'm sad to say that day has come.

Anyway, I just want you to know it really means a lot to me that you took the time to find out something about my illness. I will definitely take a look at the links you provided and I will be lurking about on the different threads.

BTW, I noticed on some other threads that there are some people with POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) and Neurally Mediated Syncope. Those are various forms of Dysautonomia. Hopefully, we can all get together and talk!

I pray the Lord will bless you and everyone here who is taking the time to support and help others who are struggling.

Blessings,

WAR EAGLE!!

~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (05-03-2008)