Thread: I am angry!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thanks for the support.

I don't want to say who it is that I talked to that upset me so much, in case any of my family reads these posts...

I am now on year 6 of my illness -

This is the first year that one of my family has even been able to call and talk to me, because she felt so "turned off" by me getting sick. She didn't know what to say or how to feel, etc. Instead of being distant, I now talk to her as if nothing has happened...however, I can never, ever talk about my illness in any way with her, I do know that.

If you Yahoo Karen Duffy sarcoidis she is the Mtv girl who got cancer when she was dating Clooney. He immediately dumped her - like on THAT call when she called him from the hospital, saying what she had, etc. She went on to get married, but then her illness came back strong and she has written about how hard it is to find a family member or friend who can deal with the illness. She also writes about how important it is with pain to get adequate pain medication. I found her interview really interesting in that it is so much like our posts and how we support eachother. (She has written one or two books now on the subject of painful illness.)

So I am learning it is not just "us" who has a hard time with family / friends...I am glad I fell onto the interview.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (05-04-2008), Jomar (05-04-2008), tied (01-19-2011)