View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay, you guys, Balmy I think you were right. The third day is absolute misery! I tried going to 48 hours and it was AWFUL! I truly thought I would have to go to the ER I was so loopy! I should say first though, I have been using the Tegaderm patches that keep the Duragesic patch on very well. There are no problems with that at all. What I hate is this...you just cannot control how much or how little is absorbed. So, I tend to get various fluctuations. The first day of course it takes awhile before it kicks in, but when it hits, I feel as if I shouldn't drive at all NOR do I have the motivation to do so. The second day is okay most of the time but not always. And today, which is the third day, I feel like somewhat of a normal person. Or, it can be the other way around and I feel awful. I have only been on this 12 mcg patch for a month. So, the nurse and another nurse online told me I need to give it more time...a month isn't long enough. But I am not so sure about that. I do see my PM this coming week to talk about all of this because I am not sure if I can handle these ups and downs. I did much better on Vicodin and probably am the type that do better with short acting meds anyway..or so it seems.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote