View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

You must have some active spinal lesions (or damage from them) as you seem to be just following me around with the disease symptoms, friend . . . ?

Cindy is right, it is spasticity. People do it with their feet too sometimes.

I started to get that in the early 2000's. I found that when I brushed my teeth or did anything that required concentration with the other hand, my left hand curled, my arm bent, and I drew all that up against my body. Before you know it, I had a "claw hand" (think Terry Schiavo).

I started wearing braces at night to stop the "contorting" (don't know if that's a word, but I use it all the time ) of my limbs while I slept. Otherwise I would wake up really sore in the morning, and my arms and legs felt like my tendons were pulled to the max, before the day even started.

Within a few days of going on LDN those symptoms completely went away, as did the pain. If I missed the LDN, even for a day, the symptoms came back (mildly). I never missed more then a few days of LDN though . . .

I had my first real/disabling attack a few months ago, since going on LDN. I inadvertantly left an infection untreated for FAR too long, and it seems that for the last year, I had only been giving myself 2.75 mg of liquid LDN, instead of the recommended 3.0 - 4.5 mg (thought the cap held 4.5 mg ). During the attack, and until I got back on the 4.5 mg, I had that symptom back in full force (plus many others).

Even now, I have to consciously straighten my wrists and hands at night time, to stop myself from bending them . . . but I am still hoping it goes away again, once I am fully recovered though.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (05-04-2008)