View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan's foot is bleeding again.

Well, isn't this just dandy??

He just got his new special made shoes last week. He has NOT been walking anywhere differently than when he wore the boot.

He is doing the exact same amount of stuff. Walking to Dunkin (usually I go and pick it up, because he wakes up later).

He did go to the gym two days ago but only did weights, no feet stuff. (did not bleed then.) (I am editing this). I just went into the laundry and took out the sock he was wearing yesterday. I had one drop of dried blood. I asked him "do you check your socks every day? and he said "no". So this could very definitely have come from when he went to the gym. I asked him "what did you do at the gym, and he said "I did what the doctor told me I could do (wearing his new shoes). He was told he could do all upper body stuff, and he could go on the bike. (wearing his shoes).

Yesterday, was his IVIG. Did not bleed.

Didn't walk anywhere.

Just now he's laying on the bed and I look at his sock and there was dried blood. I said "uh oh, better have a look". We take off the sock and it doesn't look any different, and there's no fresh blood.

So we put a brand new clean white sock (after putting some Vitamin E) on the ulcer.

Five minutes later he calls me into the living room and says Uh Oh, I'm bleeding. And there's a drop of blood on the white sock.

I said "Call the doctor tomorrow".

So what do you think will happen? We thought the shoes might do the trick but I guess we were wrong.

The doctor had told us. "this is a process in motion, (the healing of the ulcer), and if there are any changes, any bleeding, then call me".

So now we'll call.

Never saw this coming. He did not bleed with the shoe boot thing.

What do you think they will do? Change the inside of the shoe or something?

Alan did ask him (on the day he picked up the shoe). He said "Doctor, do you ever think you will need to shave down the bone?" and the doctor said: "whoa, first things first, let's give these a try"

I have no clue now.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

P.S. He doesn't want to call the doctor. He wants to wait one week to see if there is any more blood. He's not going anywhere.

I mean, I don't get this. The shoes are custom molded to his foot. I told him "could you have banged it, maybe in the shower??" He doesn't know.

Now we are talking about ONE DROP OF BLOOD ON two socks, (didn't check the other days, I made a wash).

You better believe that we are checking socks every day after this..

But I often look at his feet when he's laying down, and this is the only time I have noticed this.

So on yesterday's sock there was one drop and today's sock there is one drop.

What's going on with this foot ulcer that it was fine up until he got the custom made shoes. He got the operation, they did the calf muscle thing, the doctor said "the ulcer has never looked better".

That was last week.

Anybody have a clue??

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 05-04-2008 at 06:02 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote