View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoChick View Post
Glad you could get a dx. Sorry you are having so many issues.

Please get checked for Celiac. It is an auto immune disorder which occurs due to sensivity to gluten(wheats, oats, rye, barley) and untreated it causes other autoimmune disorders. Lupus, MS......

Even if you test negative, I would give the diet a try for 3-6 months and see if symptoms wane. It is hard at first to clean out everything in your house, change out toasters, teflon pans....etc.....but well worth it.

I know now my early Graves will not progress because I will be absorbing food properly.
Hi There Colorado Chick,
I too am new here and afraid to click on anything as I am not to versed in all tis yet, but in I dive as my issues are such I hv to be proactive, as some docs are not and they will string you along and out till ou get fed up...i hv bn dx'd w/ SLEM in severe form, and am on plaquenil 2x a day, then got on prednisone, and they tk it away, then dapsone and it did real damage after only thre weks and days, so it gone and now all symtoms are bk w/a real vengenance and its bad, lesions all over trunk and in various stages of develpmnt and healing w/alot of pain...my ? is Hv you found any drug particularly effective, or drug combos that wrk for you? I am in search of a drug that will wrk w/plaquenil effectively...over the long haul....so any info u hv that you can pass along or get from fellow auto immune disease sufferers, pls pass it on..am anxious for any news from all sources. It took 14 ys to get the rt. diagnosis, at least they think its rt., but now nothing else hlpful out there----I just cant beleive that.there has got to be something....thanks for listening and hope to hear from you, and if you hv bad health problems, i wil be thinking and prayin for you to be well, be happy, and smile, even if its only in your heart.....deesgal
deesgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote