Thread: About me
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default About me

hi,

I guess this is probably the most logical place for me to post. I doesn't seem like a lot of the forums I would use (depression, anxiety, add) really get used a whole lot.

I was diagnosed at age 15 with clinical depression. That was 12 years ago for me. After 12 years I was just recently told that it's not just depression but also ADD and Anxiety. I guess I don't really know what to do.

I've been on so many drugs - mood stabilizers, anxiety drugs, add pills - nothing has ever worked. What is wrong with me? Is this all in my head or is there a reason I can't seem to get any better? I'm tired of having people think I'm stupid because I can't remember from one minute to the next or that I'm callous because I unknowingly stop listening to the conversation and become distracted by something else. But mostly - mostly I'm just tired of feeling like no matter what I do nothing will ever work. My job is affected by this, my home life, my social life (or lack thereof). I don't know where to go with this but I do know that I can't keep living my life this way. I want friends and a good stable job. I want to be able to feel "normal."

Can anyone help me?