Thread: Pollen
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The steam alone is enough to make it hard to breathe. There doesn't have to be any allergens involved at all. The water vapor in the air just makes the air heavy and if your airways are already constricted most of the time it just makes it harder to breathe and move the air. We shower with the door ajar so that the steam doesn't build up.

LDA shots were brought to this country around 2000 I think. They started in England and are called EPD (Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization) there. The doc who brought LDA to this country got the EPD shots for himself in England in the early 1990's. (My doc also got these shots at that time). EPD has been in England since the 1970's I believe. The doc who brought them here (W. A. Shrader) tried to get FDA approval for the EPD. Financing was a problem. He is just one doc and could not do this by himself. I guess drug companies usually finance FDA approval and drug companies probably aren't interested in an allergy cure. They make a lot of money on allergy meds. Dr. Shrader stopped with the FDA approval with EPD and instead formulated an American formula (which is better for us because it has local allergens in it, not allergens for the British) which is made in a compounding pharmacy in Las Vegas. Compounding Pharmacies are not under the jurisdiction of the FDA. LDA has worked very well for us.

Did you find any info on probiotics?
Sannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (05-07-2008)